Memory Stick failed/Need to buy new for Gigabyte GA7DXR+ any PC2700 CL2 recommendations?

Discussion in 'AMD Overclocking' started by Mark & Mary Ann Weiss, Jun 23, 2003.

  1. My Crucial 512MB stick went bad. I am contemplating a CL, PC2700 or 3200 RAM
    module. I am looking at Kingston Hyper-X modules. Anyone have experience
    with this brand on the GA-7DXR+ from Gigabyte? I run a XP2400+, currently
    with ZERO overclock stability (crashes right away if I increase the FSB just
    3Mhz above stock).
    Since I have to replace the memory gone bad 3 nights ago, I want to put in
    something that will allow me to increase the system performance by
    increasing the FSB.

    I seek opinions from experience Gigabyte mobo overclockers. Thanks!

    --
    Take care,

    Mark & Mary Ann Weiss

    VIDEO PRODUCTION . FILM SCANNING . AUDIO RESTORATION

    Business sites at:
    www.dv-clips.com
    www.mwcomms.com
    www.adventuresinanimemusic.com
    -

    Mark & Mary Ann Weiss, Jun 23, 2003

  2. Already did. Got an RMA# from them yesterday.

    But in the meantime, I want to get some RAM in there that allows a little
    overclocking. The Crucial RAM has a zero tolerance for it. 133MHz, sorta
    stable. 136, crash, crash, BSOD.
    Only one of the sticks failed Memtest87's rigors. The other one passes
    without errors.

    I heard from reliable sources that the GA-7DXR can go all the way to 165Mhz
    FSB, so unless I got a dud board, or a dud GeForce 4 video card, it's got to
    be the RAM.

    Mark & Mary Ann Weiss, Jun 26, 2003