    I know which to get?

    Thanks for your time,
    Mike

    Mike, Dec 18, 2003

  2. Mike

    dustymugs Guest

    Mike,

    In all honesty any of them will work on that motherboard. My only
    advice is to stay away from the ECC and registered DDR ram. Why?
    Cause you definitely don't need them, unless you're running a mid to
    high range server.

    As for specific specs, at least look for the following:

    1. The ram should NOT be ECC, or error checking
    2. The ram should NOT be registered, ie it should be called
    unbuffered
    3. The lower the CAS Latency, the better -- the lower the value, the
    better with 2 being the best

    Thats it, heres a specific part # of a corsair that you could look
    for: CT3264Z40B

    That part is Non-ECC, unbuffered and has a CAS Latency of 3.

    Good luck,
    dustymugs

    dustymugs, Dec 18, 2003