Memory Type Range Registers (MTRR) - Continuous or Discrete?

Discussion in 'MSI' started by SP Goodman, May 12, 2006.

  1. SP Goodman

    SP Goodman Guest

    Well, I'm zamming along with the new MSI K8N Diamond (AMD Athlon 64 3700+,
    2GB DDR400, Sapphire Radeon X800 w/256MB) and I'm looking for the optimal
    settings for the BIOS past the already fast experienced. I've come across
    MTRR (Memory Type Range Registers), and choices are Continuous (the apparent
    default) and Discrete.

    I've seen some entries out there for Intel machines and Linux installations,
    but nothing beyond this that would help me find the sweet spot on this. So
    what if any is the advantage of Discrete versus Continuous MTRR? Thanks in
    advance.

    --
    Stephen Goodman
    *