memory upgrade problem

Discussion in 'Chaintech' started by Kevin Sands, Jun 14, 2009.

  1. Kevin Sands

    Kevin Sands Guest

    Hi folks,
    chaintech CT-7aja2 running windows XP pro SP3.

    Just installed 3 new DIMMs, 512MB PC133

    The computer will not start with all three in place or even with 2 in
    place - it will start with 1; the bios registers they are there but
    windows will not start, even in safe mode.
    I Checked them all they are all working individually and the computer
    works perfectly well with just 1 in place.

    I did note that, with 1 DIMM in place, although bios reports the correct
    size of DIMM - 512MB, windows system information reports a physical
    memory of 1GB.
    So with 2 in place despite bios showing 1GB, widows is probably
    registering it as 2GB, 0.5GB over the maximum for the motherboard -
    could this be the reason for the non start?
    If so any idea how I combat it?

    Here's hoping

    Kev

    Kevin Sands, Jun 14, 2009