    Jeremy

    ps. I am still running 98 on this machine (don't laugh!). Will 98 be
    able to utilise 1GB? I have a vague recollection of a RAM ceiling.

    Jerem,y Garrard, Jun 27, 2003

  2. Jerem,y Garrard

    Pen Guest

    That mobo only supports PC1600 or PC2100 (multiply buss speed by 8 to
    get the equivalent PC rating).
    Windows 98 needs a limit on vcache to no more that 512M, see M$ KB;
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q253912
    Over in the M$ groups, the consensus seems to be 70% of your
    available ram for less than 768M. It's specified in kilobytes.
    NT based systems don't have the problem.
    Put this in your system.ini -----
    [vcache]
    MaxFileCache=524000

    Try this if you really mean EEC, not ECC.
    http://www.crucial.com/media/releases/eec.asp

    Pen, Jun 27, 2003

  3. When they went drom SDRAM (stuff like 100, 133 mhz) to DDRAM they also went
    to higher numbers. Check with Crucial.com if you need memory - cheap and
    direct as Crucial is Micron's direct sales minus a middleman.

    Russ Blakeman, Jun 27, 2003