    run on this machine (it runs fine on many other
    ones).

    Thanks,

    Guest, Oct 9, 2010

  2. Guest

    Ben Myers Guest

    Andrew,

    I've run into various versions of MEMTEST-86 that do not like Dell and
    other systems, and they splatter errors all over the place. Try the
    latest version, 4.0, I think. Also, you can try MEMTEST-86+, derived
    from the original, but different. It may be a chipset problem, as some
    of the specific MEMTEST tests really go down to the bare iron and tweak
    ports on the memory chipset... Ben Myers

    Ben Myers, Oct 9, 2010

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Thanks, memtest86+ v4.1 is working like a charm.

    Guest, Oct 9, 2010