    the memtest86+ CD removed. OK?

    Thanks,
    Mike.

    Mike -- Email Ignored, Jan 23, 2009

  2. Mike -- Email Ignored

    Joe Pfeiffer Guest

    It doesn't need to CD to work. If it stopped partway through the
    first pass, something is seriously wrong (it should just keep cranking
    until you get tired of it and turn it off).

    Joe Pfeiffer, Jan 23, 2009

  3. Pass 1 is the second pass, but I still think its bad.
    Mike.

    Mike -- Email Ignored, Jan 23, 2009
  4. Mike -- Email Ignored

    Arno Wagner Guest

    [/QUOTE]
    I agree. And I think that you should run at least 5 passes, better more.
    I once had a bad bit in one Infineon module that took about 20 passes
    to be discoverd.

    Arno

    Arno Wagner, Jan 24, 2009
  5. Mike -- Email Ignored

    Arno Wagner Guest

    Possible. It does use a tiny amount of memory for itself, if I
    remember correctly, but that is very unlikely for that to be hit.

    Should not be caches though, they are tested also.

    Would be interesting to know what exactly the error was.
    Aslo a second run should have different results. If not,
    a CPU problem seems very likely.

    Arno

    Arno Wagner, Jan 24, 2009
  6. I just ran memtest86+ for more than 20 passes on
    the same box with no problem. I am beginning to
    wonder if I misinterpreted something I saw.

    Mike.

    Mike -- Email Ignored, Jan 24, 2009
  7. Mike -- Email Ignored

    Joe Pfeiffer Guest

    Well, the OP said there was no error. It just stopped.

    Joe Pfeiffer, Jan 24, 2009