    who do that, I'll not make an issue of it, but with a select few, I'll
    politely explain that I'm not Christian and that Christmas is not my
    Holy Day.

    Michelle Steiner, Dec 19, 2013

  2. JF Mezei

    Warren Oates Guest

    We have a cat like that next door. He's only got one ear and he's at
    least 15-years-old. He comes in and we keep cat treats for him and he
    sleeps on our bed all afternoon and then he goes home for supper.

    Warren Oates, Dec 19, 2013

  3. JF Mezei

    Warren Oates Guest

    Celine is the ultimate bobepine. I don't know if you can look that up.
    As for the CFL, it's days are numbered if the Bills move to Toronto.

    If my glass is half-empty, I call the waiter.

    Warren Oates, Dec 19, 2013
  4. JF Mezei

    Warren Oates Guest

    You'll have to explain to the unwashed 'Merkins what a "bap" is.

    Warren Oates, Dec 19, 2013
  5. I'm trying to bypass CFL completely and go directly to LED.

    Michelle Steiner, Dec 19, 2013
  6. JF Mezei

    Lewis Guest

    Lewis, Dec 19, 2013
  7. JF Mezei

    Fred Moore Guest

    No they're not, Wes.

    Acts 4: 32-35
    Matthew 19:24
    Matthew 25:31-46

    Fred Moore, Dec 19, 2013
  8. JF Mezei

    Fred Moore Guest

    Bought into that US propaganda did you? Warren, you're much smarter than
    that! The 'election' retention rate for US Senators is over 95%, IIRC.
    Almost as high in the House of Reprentatives. Actually, of the 435 (or
    whatever the # is now) shills in the House, only about 35 are ever
    really in play at election time. The rest are safe seats for one party
    or the other.
    Well, no government is perfect, but at least you Canuckistanis don't
    regularly mount trillion dollar war crimes.

    --
    The purpose of the U.S. government is to care for, protect, and further
    enrich the wealthy classes while preventing the middle and underclasses

    Fred Moore, Dec 19, 2013
  9. JF Mezei

    Fred Moore Guest

    Glad you brought up Big Rob. Not that it couldn't happen in the US (it
    has and worse), but how in the world did he ever get into office,let
    alone stay there?

    Fred Moore, Dec 19, 2013
  10. JF Mezei

    George Kerby Guest

    Ah-hah! Nice move...

    George Kerby, Dec 19, 2013
  11. JF Mezei

    George Kerby Guest

    And they consider such serious issues as this?!?

    <

    George Kerby, Dec 19, 2013
  12. JF Mezei

    George Kerby Guest

    He's a 'Dancin Fool' these daze is he not?

    George Kerby, Dec 19, 2013
  13. JF Mezei

    Davoud Guest

    Warren Oates:
    Best Aquaculture Practices. Easy enough.

    Davoud, Dec 19, 2013
  14. JF Mezei

    Jim Gibson Guest

    Jim Gibson, Dec 19, 2013
  15. JF Mezei

    Jim Gibson Guest

    Jim Gibson, Dec 19, 2013
  16. JF Mezei

    Tim Streater Guest

    Best Aquaculture Practices. Easy enough.[/QUOTE]

    I'm not keen on baps, personally. Too soggy. A Tiger Roll is somewhat
    better, but a Dutch Crunch roll from the Deli at the Sharon Heights
    Shopping Centre just off Sand Hill Road is much better still.

    Tim Streater, Dec 19, 2013
  17. JF Mezei

    JF Mezei Guest

    Promised to cut expenses/taxes. People saw that and closed their eyes on
    his personality.

    There is no mechanism to remove Rob Ford, unless he is charged by police
    with an offence. What they have done is pass resolutions to cut the
    budget of his office and shift responsabilities away from him.

    JF Mezei, Dec 19, 2013
  18. JF Mezei

    John Guest

    John, Dec 19, 2013
  19. JF Mezei

    John Guest

    I assumed you were smart enough to know that some beings use
    "Christams" as a sort of shorthand for "the Winter Festival that has
    in many cultures been usurped by Christmas" or some such, and that you
    were tolerant and accepting enough to tolerate and accept its use.
    I see I was entirely incorrect and I apologise for assuming anything
    about you.
    You are totally correct on one thing: I never should have started
    this. I was entirely and utterly wrong to do so. I should never have
    opened my Agent and mouthed off with my pettiness and pottery. I
    should have left you all alone.
    That, at least, I can do from now on. With my profoundest apologies
    for disturbing your tranquility.
    I won't wish you "goodbye" for as you know and would instantly get
    all huffy about that word, too, has some connection to a small,
    transient cult that you seem to dislike.
    Oh. So you only get prissy and huffy when it's me? It's entirely
    personal and not a general bigotry? Nice to know.
    Is "have a nice day" acceptable or would that be me assuming you're
    American and that you don't mind the religious associations of the
    word "day" which, after all, has been associated with "holy" in some
    contexts.

    Merry Christmas to those who don't mind too much and "be happy" to
    those who would,
    exits,
    J.

    John, Dec 19, 2013
  20. JF Mezei

    John Guest

    For the washed and unwashed 'Murkins, and all the others in that
    truly great nation, (not sarcasm, I really do think it's a great and
    wonderful experiment and hope it succeeds) a "bap" is a bun, a roll, a
    small round loaf of bread usually cut in half and filled with stuff.
    It's a more convenient form of "bagel" without the hole in the middle.
    Baps are fantastic for making hand-meals out of sticky, hot or greasy
    stuff like jams, bacon, brown sauce and bacon. I'm told they can also
    be used for mayo, cheese and Marmite but that's The Dark Side.
    Bisonburger is a portmanteau of bison and burger but I expect you got
    that one as you people invented beefburger and hamburgers and all the
    rest of those deliciousnesses.

    I'm off to eat a venison handmeal in baps. Oh, and baps can be used
    as a synonym for "paps" which means what you think it does in Real
    English.

    Sorry, I thought I owed you that transatlantic explanation.

    J.

    John, Dec 19, 2013