    And they are among the worst and most awful form of industrial
    mass-produced bread. The same sort of crap you find in pre-sliced
    loaves.

    Tim Streater, Dec 19, 2013

  2. JF Mezei

    Your Name Guest

    <snip>

    By saying "Happy holidays" you are assuming that I "celebrate"
    *anything* in December / January. Personally I don't bother with any of
    the over-bloated "seasonal" excuses for retailers to cash-in. :)

    For people who are alone, homeless, etc. even "Happy holidays" can also
    be a bad reminder of everything they haven't got.

    Your Name, Dec 19, 2013

  3. JF Mezei

    Tom Stiller Guest

    Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit my best wishes for
    an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low stress,
    non-addictive, gender neutral, celebration of the winter solstice
    holiday, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious
    persuasion of your choice, or secular practices of your choice, with
    respect for the religious/secular persuasions and/or traditions of
    others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions
    at all . . . and a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling, and
    medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally
    accepted calendar year 2014, but not without due respect for the
    calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions to society
    have helped make America great, (not to imply that America is
    necessarily greater than any other country or is the only “AMERICA†in
    the western hemisphere), and without regard to the race, creed, color,
    age, physical ability, religious faith, choice of computer platform, or
    sexual orientation of the wishee. This message does not advocate the
    exploitation of non-union working class elves, or other handicapped
    persons. This message is respectful to the rights of reindeer and other
    animals, and not advocate the use of fur.

    By accepting this greeting, you are accepting these terms:

    This greeting is subject to clarification or withdrawal. It is freely
    transferable with no alteration to the original greeting. It implies no
    promise by the wisher to actually implement any of the wishes for
    her/himself or others, and is void where prohibited by law, and is
    revocable at the sole discretion of the wisher. This wish is warranted
    to perform as expected within the usual application of good tidings for
    a period of one year, or until the issuance of a subsequent holiday
    greeting, whichever comes first, and warranty is limited to replacement
    of this wish or issuance of a new wish at the sole discretion of the
    wisher.

    Tom Stiller, Dec 20, 2013
  4. I'm smart enough to know that's not the case for the majority of people
    who say "Merry Christmas". I'm also smart enough to know that the
    small minority who do that are lazy, obnoxious, and insensitive.
    It appears that my assumption that you are a condescending ass is right
    on the mark.
    My, but you are an egocentric jerk. Despite your grandiose opinion of
    yourself, this is not about you.

    Michelle Steiner, Dec 20, 2013
  5. JF Mezei

    Wes Groleau Guest

    "What's six times 24?"

    "Don't gross me out."

    :)

    --
    Wes Groleau

    “But, Professor! I didn't plagiarize! I paid someone to
    write the essay for me, and that person plagiarized!"
    — from http://rateyourstudents.blogspot.com

    Wes Groleau, Dec 20, 2013
  6. JF Mezei

    Your Name Guest

    Almost, but not quite there.

    To be fully "Politically Correct", you still need to add in a bit that
    explicitly states the greeting is sent in an environmentally friendly
    way (i.e. no trees were chopped down), and you have to add translations
    into every known language. Plus, by singling out "elves" and
    "reindeer", you are being mytical-biengist and animalist. ;-)

    Your Name, Dec 20, 2013
  7. JF Mezei

    JF Mezei Guest

    Commentary:

    Instead of well wishes for the season, this group degenerated so quickly
    into insult throwing and debating religion.

    JF Mezei, Dec 20, 2013
  8. Hey! Stop it!
    That sentence implies that "non-union working class elves" are
    handicapped persons, which can be an insult for either the elves or
    handicapped persons (depending on who you root for).

    Also what about trolls, dwarfes, etc.?
    Tsk, you can do better than that!

    ;-)

    Bernd Fröhlich, Dec 20, 2013
  9. JF Mezei

    Kurt Ullman Guest

    Any ideas expressed on this account should not be taken as

    representing Mr. Ullman's own, for indeed he has none. If anyone

    objects to any statements he makes, he is quite prepared not only to

    retract them, but also to vehemently deny under oath that he made

    them in the first place.

    Kurt Ullman, Dec 20, 2013
  10. JF Mezei

    George Kerby Guest

    Usenet at it's best. 'Tis the Season to bitch and moan. What was it Rodney
    King asked?

    George Kerby, Dec 20, 2013
  11. JF Mezei

    Tim Streater Guest

    That apo'strophe's not be u'sed inappropriately.

    Tim Streater, Dec 20, 2013
  12. JF Mezei

    Warren Oates Guest

    I dunno, we get some pretty good "buns" here which are just larger
    versions of a bap.

    Warren Oates, Dec 20, 2013
  13. JF Mezei

    Warren Oates Guest

    We would if we could afford it.

    Warren Oates, Dec 20, 2013
  14. JF Mezei

    Fred Moore Guest

    Warren, you never fail to crack me up. Thanks for the laugh!

    Fred Moore, Dec 20, 2013
  15. JF Mezei

    Fred Moore Guest

    Excellent, Tom!

    Is this original to you, or did you liberate it from another source?
    When I quote it, I want to give credit where credit is due.

    Fred Moore, Dec 20, 2013
  16. JF Mezei

    JF Mezei Guest

    We do worse: We inflict Justin Bieber onto the world.

    JF Mezei, Dec 20, 2013
  17. JF Mezei

    Kurt Ullman Guest

    We do worse: We inflict Justin Bieber onto the world.[/QUOTE]

    And Celine Dion and Shania Twain (just to add geographic, and genre
    diversity- grin)

    Kurt Ullman, Dec 20, 2013
  18. Also Howie Mandel and William Shatner.

    Michelle Steiner, Dec 21, 2013
  19. JF Mezei

    Wes Groleau Guest

    That doesn't fit the tune you @#$%#$&%$*#[email protected]%T#^% !

    --
    Wes Groleau

    “Lewis's case for the existence of God is fallacious.â€
    "You mean like circular reasoning?â€
    “He believes in God. Therefore, he's fallacious."

    Wes Groleau, Dec 21, 2013
  20. JF Mezei

    Tom Stiller Guest

    It is not mine and I don't know it's source.
    I had intended to disclaim ownership but my unfamiliarity with slrn while
    using TextWrangler as it's editor resuulted in a premature post.

    Mea Culpa.

    Tom Stiller, Dec 21, 2013