    sending iMesages from the iPhone because I'll always hear the "ding"
    and respond to it. If I don't open an iMessage on my phone, will it
    then appear, with Notification, on the Air? Thanks.

    Otto Pylot, May 25, 2014

  2. Register the same email addresses (and iPhone phone number) on all your
    devices, and its automatic.

    Michelle Steiner, May 25, 2014

  3. Otto Pylot

    Davoud Guest

    Otto Pylot:
    I would be happy to help if I could, but there is no way I am getting
    naked with you :)

    Davoud, May 25, 2014
  4. Otto Pylot

    JF Mezei Guest

    I recently plugged in my old iPhone4 for its semi annual "keep alive"
    recharge.

    once the thing booted up, I got a notification on my active iPhone5s
    that imessages/facetime had switched to the 4. (note that the 4 didn't
    have a valid SIM, but would connect to the in-house Wi-Fi).

    When I turned off the 4, there was no notification that "control" had
    returned to the 5 for the i-things.

    Would it be correct to state that the imessage/facetime things are
    directed to the device which last registered with Apple ? And that only
    one device was active at a time ?

    When the current device is turned off, does control return automatically
    to the last previously activated device if it is still there ?

    JF Mezei, May 25, 2014
  5. Otto Pylot

    Otto Pylot Guest

    I would be happy to help if I could, but there is no way I am getting
    naked with you :)[/QUOTE]

    You're such a tease ;-)

    Otto Pylot, May 25, 2014
  6. Otto Pylot

    Otto Pylot Guest

    I'm not sure. I think Michelle's is the correct answer tho. I had to
    consult with one of my daughter's and it appears that's the case. I'm
    not quite sure what the "Start New Conversations From" is all about but
    I put in my iPhone number. It would appear that if both devices are on
    (laptop and iPhone) that the reply notification will "ding" on which
    ever device the original message came from. IOW, if I send a Message
    via the Air to an iPhone, and get a response, the Notification box will
    register the message. Eventually, it will show up on the iPhone but
    without any any "dinging". The opposite is true as well. A bit
    confusing but that's what seems to be happening. If my Air is shutdown,
    which is is most of the time, then all messages, regardless of how they
    originate goes to my phone, which is what I want. Gotta love
    technology! Even tho it is a bit of a hassle. I'll probably just
    disable Messages over time once the novelty wears off and just rely on
    my phone.

    Otto Pylot, May 25, 2014
  7. they didn't switch to it; they were added to it, or it was added to
    them.

    Michelle Steiner, May 25, 2014
  8. It means the "From" address.
    It will notify you on whichever device has Messages active and
    frontmost. If none are, it will notify you on all of them.

    I have all my email addresses and my phone number registered with my
    iPad, iPhone, and iMac, so I'm notified by whichever one I'm closest
    to.

    Michelle Steiner, May 25, 2014
  9. Otto Pylot

    Otto Pylot Guest

    Thanks.

    Otto Pylot, May 25, 2014
  10. Otto Pylot

    Lewis Guest

    That is not what the message said.
    Because "control" is something you invented.
    No.

    Lewis, May 26, 2014
  11. Otto Pylot

    Ant Guest

    Yeah, and Otto isn't a woman. I don't want to see naked guys. :p
    --
    "Wow, I haven't felt this powerful since I got to decide which ant lives
    and which ant dies. You shall battle to the death, and the winner will

    Ant, May 26, 2014