messed up ALOM on v210

Discussion in 'Sun Hardware' started by Guest, Sep 25, 2003.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Hi there,

    Today I really messed up.
    I was to physically move a v210 from one room to another, and thinking
    nothing of it, I brought up a terminal session on the serial management port
    executed an init 0 and then from the ok prompt I typed power-off.

    So far so good, moved it to the other room, and now using the same two
    computers (ie the v210 and my laptop) I cannot get a session going on the
    serial management port ?

    What did I mess up ?
    I assume it has to do with the power-off from the OBP prompt, since the machine
    now goes straight into booting from the local harddisk. This disk has a messed
    up solaris8 installation, so it doesnt work...

    Now, how do I get this back on the right track ?

    Any help at all is appriciated.

    // Richard

    Guest, Sep 25, 2003

  2. Guest

    Elias Guest

    Did you type #. to get an ALOM session?

    See:
    http://www.sun.com/products-n-solutions/hardware/docs/pdf/816-4826-11.pdf

    Elias

    Elias, Sep 26, 2003

  3. Guest

    Klaus Grote Guest

    Hey,

    there is a trick, that might help you. Power on the v210, when the led
    flashes the first time press the power-key twice for a short time, this
    would reset the server. This is a master reset, which will bring you back
    to the alom and the obp.

    CU
    Klaus Grote

    Klaus Grote, Sep 26, 2003
  4. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Aha!
    I will have to try this on monday =)
    Too bad the sun techie didnt know this, he wants to replace the machine
    on tuesday... although that prolly helps too ;)

    Thanks!

    // Richard

    Guest, Sep 26, 2003