    this card came with a voodoo linked to it (with short vga cable) so i guess
    that's how 3D was used to be done back then
    any hints ?

    Erez Volach, Aug 11, 2003

  2. Erez Volach

    Taliska Guest

    Something to do with an additional Rainbow Runner card I think.

    Taliska, Aug 11, 2003

  3. Erez Volach

    Erez Volach Guest

    OK, here are the chip id's specified:

    Matrox graphic chip: MGA IS - STORM R2 9610eu005

    Phillips ramdac: TVP3026 - 175PCE

    part label: MAG-MIL/2/HP3 500
    MFG P/N 79075010170
    S/N CAF91854 MIE5590

    add-on memory module: MGA-MIL/MOD/2/HP

    HP P/N 5063-8777

    pcb: 1995 579-05 REV: B

    so, it seems like a millenium for a certain HP model (circa 1995). 4 MB (2
    onboard, 2 add-on module)
    from the millenium user manual the TVP3026 is indeed the ramdac, mine being
    175Mhz.
    the extra connector is "MEDIA XL Media Adaptor Connector", for whatever that
    means (there is even a pin-out with mic., line in / out, Y in/out, C in/out,
    composite in/out and ground). Is this a model preceding rainbow runner ?
    from RR manual i see it works with millenim II and mystique, it is unclear
    if it works with millenium.
    Another thing i was wondering about: will i be able to flash it with a bios
    from matrox ? would it work in any generic motherboard ? I am considering
    building a computer from spare parts, have a 430TX board and some old
    memory, PentiumMMX 233 (works even at 75*3.5=266 and 83.3*3.5=292 MHz)
    unfortunately, there are no longer any references to the Millenium product
    other than the manual (no spec sheets of any kind) - I looked under "old
    products"
    Thanks in advance for everyone with help / hints or past owners of such
    model

    Erez Volach, Aug 12, 2003