    bottom of it, I have updated all the drivers and moved away from pc to avoid
    fan noise. Sound works fine its just the mic, it sounds like I'm in the
    engine of a 747 even though the pc is silent., any ideas?

    craig, Dec 18, 2004

  2. craig

    TomG Guest

    someone posted that the NB and/or CPU cooler fans were inducing noise via
    the PWM fan speed circuits and that the noise interference could be heard to
    vary with the fan speeds but not sure this is the case with yours... in
    either event, not much could be done about it shy of investing in an add-in
    sound card...

    --

    Thomas Geery
    Network+ certified

    ftp://geerynet.d2g.com
    over 130,000 FTP users served!
    ^^^^^^^

    TomG, Dec 19, 2004

  3. craig

    h2so4 Guest

    Tom is correct. It was me who reported the interference from the NB fan. In
    fact the fan was just the most prominent of the whirrs and clicks that I
    heard from the on board AC7 sound with the very latest drivers. The problems
    with the mic. are well known and Abit are either unwilling or unable to
    resolve them. So if you need to use a mic. you have no alternative than to
    but an add on sound card. An OEM Soundblaster shouldn't cost you too much. I
    use an Audigy 2zs PCI and it's crystal clear and very compatible software
    wise. If you intend to connect to an external sound system or AV amp you'll
    have to make compromises with all, but the Platinum model, of Creative's
    cards.

    h2so4, Dec 20, 2004