Mich. Gov being sued by game industry over censorship legislation

Discussion in 'Nvidia' started by Fred, Sep 15, 2005.

  1. Fred

    Fred Guest

    http://www.warcry.com/scripts/columns/view_sectionalt.phtml?site=15&id=108&colid=7945

    Washington, DC – September 14, 2005 – The computer and video game
    industry will file suit in Michigan asking that the state’s new video
    game law be overturned, the Entertainment Software Associated
    announced today. Similar laws were previously found unconstitutional
    and thrown out in St. Louis, Indianapolis, and Washington State,
    costing taxpayers hundreds of thousands of dollars in legal fees.

    Any support will be helpful. Emailing your local representative can
    also work (though it might come in handy if the industry or conumers
    got together and wrote a form letter for a copy and paste).

    Kalifornia as well as others are also pursuing draconian legislation
    against the video game industry.

    Fred, Sep 15, 2005