Microsoft games crash

Discussion in 'ATI' started by axexango, Feb 23, 2004.

  1. axexango

    axexango Guest

    Hi guys,

    I was wondering if any of you guys know how to fix this prob I'm
    having: Microsoft games such as AoK and AoC won't work since I've
    installed my AIW 9800p. It gives me the splash screen, then a black
    screen and then nothing works; not even the Alt+Del+Ctl.

    I know these are old games but I still enjoy playin AoC and now I
    can't! Please help.

    All other games work : Max Payne2, Morrowind, etc.

    I've tried to put the direct3D slide level (in ATI control panel) all
    the way to performance or quality, with no success.

    system specs :

    AMD Barton 2500+
    Asus A7N8X-E deluxe
    512Mb Corsair DDR
    ATI AIW 9800 pro
    VGA silencer
    Catalyst 4.2
    WinXP SP1 (clean install)
    all available updates under Windows update.

    TIA

    axexango, Feb 23, 2004