    program to use in my mobile i appreciate

    B. R.
    Tiago Gomes

    Tiago Gomes, Apr 12, 2007

  2. Tiago Gomes

    Sven Guest

    I think you would have a much better chance with this question in some of
    the Windows Mobile specific groups, microsoft,public.pocketpc and/or
    microsoft.pocketpc.wireless and/or microsoft.public.pocketpc.phone_edition

    This group is dedicated to tablet PCs. Probably also capable of making VoIP
    calls, but not really pocketable.

    You might make the question a bit clearer when you repost there. Is what you
    are looking for a VoIP client that is compatible with your company system?
    using standard SIP or H.323? What system is that?

    Please take this over to one of the groups I listed (or cross post, but
    don't do individual posts in each).

    Sven, Apr 12, 2007

  3. Tiago Gomes

    Tiago Gomes Guest

    Hi Sven thanks

    But i can't find the link for those groups can you give me the links?

    BR

    Tiago Gomes, Apr 12, 2007
  4. Tiago Gomes

    Chris H Guest

    If you use Outlook Express or Windows Mail for newsgroups, you can subscribe
    to any of Microsoft's newsgroups via NNTP through a news reader (besides the
    two mentioned above) by creating a News account for msnews.microsoft.com as
    the server. It is free, in fact already set up in Windows Mail, no logon,
    and anyone can access them, despite the service provider.
    --
    Chris H.
    Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

    Chris H, Apr 12, 2007
  5. Tiago Gomes

    xTenn Guest

    You will definitely get a better response in the pocket pc group, but in
    the meanwhile consider using Skype for Pocket PC. Works better for me,
    and much better chances of finding people using skype clients (unless
    you spring for skypeOut, which can then communicate with regular phones
    as well. Actually it is very economical).

    xTenn, Apr 12, 2007
  6. Tiago Gomes

    Sven Guest

    It appears Tiago found his way to the phone edition group. While MS Portrait
    and Skype are both great offerings (use them both), I don't believe either
    is standards based. Since Tiago noted SIP and H.232, I suggested adding a
    bit more detail when he (re)posts in a PPC group.

    Sven, Apr 13, 2007
  7. Tiago Gomes

    xTenn Guest

    Good thing. It was interesting that he was wanting to connect to the
    sip server in order to "make calls", hence the Skype suggestion that
    might be able to bypass the server need, at least partially.

    Man, that brings back memories of using a phone patch board - at one
    time we were using CB radios with such a setup (only 23 channels was
    available at the time... so that should date it...).

    Now that I have completely derailed the thread from the newsgroup, let
    me just add that Skype works great on a TC1100 tablet PC - just watch
    the volume for feedback/echo. :)

    xTenn, Apr 13, 2007
  8. Tiago Gomes

    Sven Guest

    One last off-Tablet post. I have rarely had much luck with Skype, PC or PPC
    unless I was using an earphone (or headphones) at least. Headset with a mic
    seems best, whether that is wired or BT.

    Sven, Apr 14, 2007