    loaded

    Just thought I'd check in and see before I spend time "solving" a well
    known problem, given that I'm just a newbie.

    Phillip Simpson, Aug 3, 2005

  2. Hi again,
    a quick google around found that this is a probelm that occurs
    with other software as well ie saw one report of this error when chap
    was running Mcafee security update
    (http://www.mcse.ms/message1706512.html)

    I then rang Microsoft Support and was advised that this is a known bug
    and is being worked on, but at this time there is no patch available.
    They did offer to connect me to a level 2 tech support person, but I
    declined as I don't have the time for this type of work.

    So if you get a

    NET FRAMEWORK INITALIZATION ERROR

    and the message

    c:\\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v1.1.4322\mscorwks.dll could not
    be loaded

    then worry not for you are not alone, others have had the same
    experience, and someone, somewhere, is doing something about it.

    If you want to see if your system gives the same results as I
    experienced then visit the XP Tablet power toys at

    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/tabletpc.mspx

    and download and install the Physics Illustrator

    Even if you don't want to share this experience there are some very
    good software downloads waiting for you.

    Cheers

    Phillip Simpson

    PS I guess this makes me a real tablet user, and not so much of a
    newbie;-)

    Phillip Simpson, Aug 3, 2005

  3. Phillip Simpson

    Mickey Segal Guest

    The Physics Illustrator works well on my Motion Computing M1300 with XP
    Tablet 2005.

    Mickey Segal, Aug 3, 2005
  4. Phillip Simpson

    Chris H. Guest

    Phillip, I would first check in Control Panel/Add ore Remove Programs and
    make sure you have specifically (nothing else will do) the "Microsoft .NET
    Framework 1.1" installed. Anything else is not the right version. You then
    would also have two other listings, "Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Hotfix
    (KB*)" which would be KB886903 and KB887998 installed. If you don't have
    those, you need to get them.

    Then, when you go to install, make sure your McAfee is totally shut off.
    This doesn't always happen (same with Norton and ZoneAlarm) if you just
    "exit" the Systray icon. They'll continue to run underneath, hidden, and
    block the proper install. You may need to go to Start/Run and put in
    "msconfig" without the quotes, then check your Startup tab to remove the
    product from starting when you boot the Tablet PC. Then do restart the
    system, do the installation, re-enable McAfee and again reboot the system.

    Chris H., Aug 3, 2005
  5. Hi Chris,
    I don't have the McAfee on my tablet-it was just a report of
    another incident that was giving the same result.

    I checked the version of Framework, but it doesn't appear in
    Add/Remove programme. When I check with Explorer I find under
    c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\V1.0.3705

    I guess this means I have the wrong version of Framework ?

    I'll check the Hotfixes you mention.

    Cheers

    Phillip

    Phillip Simpson, Aug 3, 2005
  6. Phillip Simpson

    Chris H. Guest

    Chris H., Aug 3, 2005
  7. Phillip Simpson

    Chris H. Guest

    Sorry, forgot to mention you can get the .NET 1.1 SP1 update and other
    related downloads via the URL I posted. DO NOT download and install .NET
    2.0. Plain and simple, it breaks things. :cool:

    Chris H., Aug 3, 2005
  8. Hi Chris,
    thanks for all your help on this matter. I find it amazing
    that I get more useful assistance from you than if I ring Microsoft.

    Just a timezone check. I'm guessing that you have a time around about
    1600 4PM on Wed, while I'm at about 0900 on Thursday.

    Thanks again for your help-I hope I can contribute something back in
    the future.

    Cheers

    Phillip

    Phillip Simpson, Aug 4, 2005
  9. Phillip Simpson

    Chris H. Guest

    Just about right on the time, Phillip. I'm in the northwestern U.S.,
    currently Pacific Daylight Time. We're GMT -8 now.

    Chris H., Aug 4, 2005