Microsoft Windows Tablet PC Recognizer Pack

Discussion in 'Tablet PC' started by Linda A. Epstein ~ MS MVP, Sep 15, 2003.

  1. Microsoft Extends Multilanguage Support for the Tablet PC
    Two New Multilanguage Options Are Available for Enterprise and Individual
    Tablet PC Users
    Microsoft Press Release

    Microsoft Corp. today announced the availability of extended language
    support to provide enhanced multilanguage functionality for the Microsoft®
    Windows® XP Tablet PC Edition. The Microsoft Tablet PC Multilingual User
    Interface & Recognizer Pack (MUIRP) allows users or administrators to switch
    user interface settings (e.g., menus, dialog boxes and help files) to
    multiple languages and allows installation of multiple handwriting and
    speech recognition languages on a single Tablet PC. This functionality
    greatly eases information technology (IT) administration in multilingual
    computing environments and considerably lowers the cost of desktop change
    and configuration management.

    MUIRP functionality is available as a preinstall option from Microsoft
    Tablet PC original equipment manufacturers or through Microsoft corporate
    licensing programs. In response to consumer demand, Microsoft also announced
    a stand-alone release of the Tablet PC Recognizer Pack. The Recognizer Pack
    allows customers to increase the number of handwriting and voice recognition
    languages on their Tablet PCs.

    The Full Press Release is here:
    http://www.tabletpc2.com/MUIRP-PressRelease.htm

    Microsoft Windows Tablet PC Recognizer Pack
    Order the CD over the Web
    http://www.microsoft.com/WindowsXP/tabletpc/multilanguagecd.asp

    The Windows Tablet PC Recognizer Pack is now available to Windows XP Tablet
    PC Edition individual users. The Recognizer Pack provides nine
    handwriting-recognition engine languages and four speech-recognition
    languages. Installing the Recognizer Pack on a Tablet PC gives a user the
    ability to convert handwriting and speech in multiple languages from digital
    ink and speech to typed text on a single PC. For instance, if both German
    and French recognizers are installed on a Tablet PC, digital ink written in
    both German and French can be converted into typed text with greater
    accuracy.

    Besides providing additional recognizers to Tablet PC customers, the
    Recognizer Pack updates the Tablet Input Panel, allowing users to select any
    Windows input language keyboard. This gives users access to the correct soft
    keyboard for the input language selected.

    These language recognizers are included in the Tablet PC Recognizer Pack:

    * Handwriting recognizers: UK English, U.S. English, French, German,
    Spanish, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
    * Speech recognizers: English, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Traditional
    Chinese

    Linda A. Epstein
    Microsoft MVP ~ Windows XP/Tablet PC
    Editor: www.TabletPc2.com

    Linda A. Epstein ~ MS MVP, Sep 15, 2003

  2. Linda  A. Epstein ~ MS MVP

    Jose H Tanus Guest

    This is not available download

    Jose H Tanus, Sep 15, 2003

  3. Dan Polivy [MS], Sep 15, 2003
  4. Thanks Linda,

    For individual users, the FREE CD (shipping charges only) order page and
    download link (252M) are at the MUIRP FAQ at:

    www.abletfactory.com

    Fritz Switzer, Sep 15, 2003
  5. Linda  A. Epstein ~ MS MVP

    gustavo Guest

    ok but where are the spanish reco ?

    gustavo, Sep 15, 2003
  6. The single download is for all languages. After you download it and begin
    setup you will be given the option to pick what languages you want to
    install speech and handwriting recognizers for. Spanish (International
    Sort) will be on that list. The readme contains good information on how use
    the Reco Pack once it has been installed, so I would encourage users to read
    through it.

    thanks,
    Dustin

    newsgroup purposes only.

    ok but where are the spanish reco ?

    Dustin Hubbard [MS], Sep 15, 2003
  7. Hi Fritz,
    I checked out your FAQ and it looks like you may be mistaking MUIRP with
    Tablet Reco Pack. MUIRP is still only available through Volume Licensing
    and OEM channels. Tablet Reco Pack is what was released this morning and is
    for end users.

    thanks,
    Dustin

    Dustin Hubbard [MS], Sep 15, 2003
  8. Dustin,

    Yes, it's hard keeping track, I'll correct.

    And thank the folks at MS for the Individual User Release.

    Fritz Switzer, Sep 15, 2003
  9. Linda  A. Epstein ~ MS MVP

    gustavo Guest

    Hi
    I installed the recognition pack but i only can convert
    my journal files to text in Spanish why I cannot use the
    writing pad on Spanish ?
    what I need to do to setup the writing Pad in Spanish
    mode to ?

    gustavo, Sep 15, 2003
  10. Change the settings in the Microsoft Windows XP Language Bar to the language
    you want to use.

    Fritz Switzer, Sep 15, 2003
  11. Linda  A. Epstein ~ MS MVP

    g Guest

    oops
    sorry i see that when i change the language of the input
    keyboard the language change to Spanish on the writing
    pad but in write anywhere i cannot change the language of
    the recognizer on the select box only appears us English
    the Spanish recognizer is missed this is normal? what i
    need to do to use write anywhere with Spanish ?

    thanks

    g, Sep 15, 2003
  12. Linda  A. Epstein ~ MS MVP

    HPClean Guest

    MUIRP also have the same problem:
    - write anywhere is only active with english recognition engine
    too bad !!!

    HPClean, Sep 15, 2003
  13. Thanks for all your help today Justin!

    Linda A. Epstein ~ MS MVP, Sep 16, 2003
  14. Linda  A. Epstein ~ MS MVP

    Avner Ben Guest

    Are there any significant improvements in the English recognizers that worth
    downloading the pack (just for the purpose of upgrading the English)?

    Avner.

    Avner Ben, Sep 16, 2003
  15. Susanne,

    You can change the TIP keyboard to German. Do a search in the TIP Help
    Files for :

    "Language Bar" and you will find instructions to change keyboards between a
    number of languages.

    Hope this helps,

    Fritz Switzer, Sep 16, 2003
  16. The English recognizer is the same one that shipped with Tablet PC.

    The only new feature you would get by choosing to install English only would
    be the new TIP. The new TIP supports multiple languages for the Keyboard.

    --
    David Perry [Microsoft]

    newsgroups

    David Perry \(MSFT\), Sep 16, 2003