    what the problem is...
    I've got a HP TC1100, and I've got 4 Language pack recovery CD for several
    languages originally "packed in the box"

    Sanyci, Dec 28, 2004

  2. Sanyci

    Chris H. Guest

    What is the original language is your Tablet PC operating system? You would
    need the corresponding language install of the MUIRP - English, Chinese
    (Simplified or Traditional), French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean or
    Spanish.

    Chris H., Dec 28, 2004

  3. Sanyci

    Sanyci Guest

    I've got an english OS, and one of the Language pack recovery CD includes
    english, chinese, french etc.

    Sanyci, Dec 28, 2004
  4. Sanyci

    Chris H. Guest

    That's good, but Hungarian isn't one of the supported languages in the
    Tablet PC Edition 2005 MUI Recognition Pack. I think what's happening is
    you're getting a mixture of languages. Everything in Regional and Language
    Settings needs to match up, and even though the Multilingual User Interface
    (MUI) Pack supports Hungarian, the Recognition Pack does not.

    Chris H., Dec 28, 2004
  5. Sanyci

    Sanyci Guest

    I think I have got bigger problem I've thought before, because I can't reach
    the MUI after I installed SP2... and I've got the message: "Tablet PC Edition
    2005 MUI cannot be installed in this computer. It can be installed only on a
    Tablet PC running Windows XP Tablet PC Edition 2005 and Windows XP MUI Pack".
    If I want install the Language pack recovery CD again it doesn't work,
    because it's for SP1!!!

    Sanyci, Dec 28, 2004
  6. Sanyci

    Chris H. Guest

    From the MUI web site: "If you installed the previous Microsoft Windows XP
    Tablet PC Edition MUI and Recognizer Pack and upgraded to Windows XP Tablet
    PC Edition 2005, you need to install Windows XP Tablet PC Edition 2005 MUI
    Pack. For more information, see Knowledge Base article 885496:
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=885496

    You should probably contact the source of the operating system MUI for
    support because the required XP MUI Pack is only available through certain
    licensing programs, not retail channels, as stated here:
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...5a-bace-425b-bc60-f8d3331c89a3&displaylang=en

    Chris H., Dec 28, 2004
  7. Sanyci

    Sanyci Guest

    I've already asked for help from HP Support, I'm waiting for their answer
    now...
    Thanks for your help!

    I don't "really" need the Hungarian GUI, so I'll try to solve the problem
    next time I reinstall the OS, if HP Support can't help...

    Sanyci, Dec 28, 2004
  8. Sanyci

    Chris H. Guest

    Okay, good luck with the venture. :cool:

    Chris H., Dec 29, 2004
  9. Sanyci

    Sanyci Guest

    The final sollution:

    So the HP Support send me the original CD Pack - that was their sollution,
    but I solve the problem myself.

    1. I reinstalled the WinXP Pro TabletPC edition
    2. I nstalled the WinXP Pro English and Hungarian MUI
    (I got the Hungarian MUI from my turkish firend - because the WinXP Pro MUI
    CD4 contains the hungarian language - and turkish, polish etc.)
    3. I installed SP2
    4. ...than I installed the MUI package for TabletPC 2005 from MS

    ....and it works - I have a fully operable hungerian gui! Even the TIP is
    hungarian!

    Now the only thing I need is the hungarian handwriting and speech
    recognition pack - which does not exist yet... ;)

    I think it will work with every rare language - you just have to get and
    install the MUI for your language before installing SP2.

    Unfortunately HP is packing only the chinese, french, german, japanese,
    korean, tajvanese, portugese, spanish brazil-portugese, danish, dutch,
    finnish, italian, norwegian and swedish MUI (WinXP Pro MUI CD1, CD2 and CD3)
    in the box, but there is several other MUI CD on the world, but unfortunately
    you can't buy it any way... So lets bother the TabletPC manufacturers to pack
    the local MUI CD in the box in your country - because they have the licens
    for it!!!

    Sanyci, Feb 22, 2005
  10. Sanyci,

    Our Hungarian Special Interest Dictionary includes 16,892 words that can be
    added to your User Dictionary for handwriting recognition. Feel free to
    check the website in my sig if you need additional information.

    Hope this helps,

    Fritz

    Fritz Switzer, Feb 22, 2005