    If I stick in my old PCI 128, can I use the Midi port on that, but still use
    the higher quality midi set of the Audigy?

    Thanks.

    Kontaminator, Sep 17, 2005

  2. Kontaminator

    TS Guest

    I've just purchased a Midi keyboard as I want to get into music production
    There should be an extension available which adds the MIDI ports to
    this card (depends on the exact card version, though).
    Yes, should work if properly installed. Note that the adapter for the
    15pin MIDI/Joystick-connector on the PCI128 will work with the PCI128
    card - it is quite common for adapters made for other cards not to
    work with a soundblaster one.

    TS, Sep 18, 2005

  3. Kontaminator

    Kontaminator Guest

    Thank you for your response. Most informative.

    Still waiting on my Midi Keyboard now. :eek:)

    Cheers.

    Kontaminator, Sep 22, 2005
  4. Kontaminator

    XP Guest

    My Audigy 2 ZS has a Joystick port that also double as a MIDI Port..

    Also a Firm here has a Kitset to make a MIDI breakout box, I made up one for a
    Friend that uses a Audigy 1..

    XP, Oct 10, 2005
  5. I've just purchased a Midi keyboard as I want to get into music
    This is strange, as example, M-Audio MidiSport are very good!

    Manuel Marino, Nov 20, 2005
  6. Kontaminator

    XP Guest

    The Joystick Connector is the MIDI Port, a firm here use to make a Very cheap
    kit for a MIDI break out box, that just plugged into the Joystick port and
    gave one Midi in and 2 out...

    A Pro muso is using this one I made up for him..

    XP, Nov 21, 2005
  7. Kontaminator

    Bob Masta Guest

    Note that old-style DIN keyboard connectors are identical to MIDI.
    You can make a MIDI adaptor by snipping the cable from a junk
    keyboard and wiring it to a 15-pin joystick port connector.

    Best regards,

    Bob Masta
    dqatechATdaqartaDOTcom

    D A Q A R T A
    Data AcQuisition And Real-Time Analysis
    www.daqarta.com
    Home of DaqGen, the FREEWARE signal generator

    Bob Masta, Nov 21, 2005