    design not too expensive, that can be interfaced to a small
    microprocessor. Can anyone recommend anything?

    Eoin

    eoin dowling, Apr 6, 2005

  2. eoin dowling

    tebbutt Guest

    We have used modules supplied by Pro-Active - they are easy to
    interface (TTL level RS232 plus 5V power) and easy to use, there is a
    dev kit and PC software if you need it. Try out
    http://www.pro-active.fr

    Hope this helps

    Iain

    tebbutt, Apr 6, 2005

  3. eoin dowling

    dowlers Guest

    wrote in message
    Thanks Iain,

    I have been looking at a module that looks exactly the same, the
    commands look simple
    (http://www.elatec.cz/rfid/pdf/Mifare manual.pdf)).
    I was looking in to trying to build one from scratch but it would
    work out costing way more.

    Eoin

    dowlers, Apr 7, 2005
  4. eoin dowling

    RC500 Guest

    Eoin,

    Depending upon the cost of the module you could also consider using the
    RC500 from Philips, single chip transceiver that can be connected to a micro
    on the bus or via SPI. The only constraint is that you need to write a
    14443a protocol stack to communicate with the card and a correct antenna
    design. Its not overly difficult, and a RC500 in single quantities run about
    $9 USD (they are somewhat surplus due to everone using the RC632).

    I would think you would get extra credits for implementing the 14443a stack.

    Heath

    RC500, Apr 8, 2005