1. This forum section is a read-only archive which contains old newsgroup posts. If you wish to post a query, please do so in one of our main forum sections (here). This way you will get a faster, better response from the members on Motherboard Point.

Minimum SBUS workstation/cable requirement for a D1000

Discussion in 'Sun Hardware' started by Simon Morrow, Jul 4, 2003.

  1. Simon Morrow

    Simon Morrow Guest

    I understand the standard part is a x1065a.

    However, can:

    x1062a - Diff F/W (DWIS/S)
    x1052a - Diff F (DSBE/S)

    Be used? Not just in theory, but has anyone physically tested this?

    I understand the speed will be slower, however I just want the
    cheapest functionality.

    Bonus question:

    Can the Ethernet of the x1052a be used as one of the heartbeat NICs
    in a Sun Cluster config?
    Simon Morrow, Jul 4, 2003
    1. Advertisements

  2. It probably depends on which Disksystem you decide to use.
    If you use the D1000 as you say in you other post - it is speced
    as Ultra SCSI Differential . 40 MB/s . and it is a WIDE 68 pin
    scsi connector .

    it is very unlikely that the THIN 50 pin connector ( NOT-WIDE ) x1052a
    will be usable with the D1000, even if you find third party
    68pin/50pin SCSIconverters.

    so even if I go along with you notion in the other post that the
    x1052a would work, I dont think so really.

    The x1062a might since its a 68 pin connector but then
    you would some how have to convince the D1000 to reduce speed to 20 MB/s.
    Lars Tunkrans, Jul 4, 2003
    1. Advertisements

  3. Simon Morrow

    Simon Morrow Guest

    Right, so that gets rid of the x1052a already - I thought that was 68
    pin too. Cheers for that.
    OK, well this is the original question part - has anyone actually
    *tested* this? Theories are fine, but if I order the parts and they
    don't work I'm stuck. I only ask this because sometimes the lesser
    cards are a lot cheaper, and cost is an issue.

    btw, Are there any other Sun SBUS choices other than the 1062 or 1065?
    Simon Morrow, Jul 7, 2003
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.