    don't have a copy of the icon that was originally assigned tothe
    internal drives.

    Any ideas where I can find a copy of that icon?

    John Varela, Dec 26, 2013

  2. John Varela

    Siri Cruz Guest

    It sounds like your mac's chameleon circuit is broken again. That's what you get
    for borrowing a mac before it's been repaired instead of after.

    Siri Cruz, Dec 26, 2013

  3. John Varela

    Your Name Guest

    It depends how you changed the Time Machine drive's icon and what the
    "original" drive icon was.

    If you changed the original icon the correct way (by pasting it into
    the Info window), then the original drive icon that comes with Mac OS X
    will still be there:
    - click on the internal drive on the Desktop or in a
    Finder window,
    - press Command-I (or choose Get Info from the File menu)
    to open up the Info window,
    - click on the drive's icon in that window,
    - perform a Cut (Command-X or from the Edit menu)
    and the original OS icon should reappear.

    Your Name, Dec 26, 2013
  4. :-D

    On systems where you don't want the custom Icon, remove it from the Get
    Info panel for that drive.

    Select the drive.

    Press Command-I to show the Get Info panel.

    Click on the Tardis icon at the top of the panel for the drive.

    Press DELETE to remove the custom icon.

    Michael Vilain, Dec 27, 2013
  5. John Varela

    John Varela Guest

    That worked. I was trying to get rid of it by dragging it away, like
    removing an icon from the Dock.

    Thanks.

    John Varela, Dec 27, 2013
  6. John Varela

    John Varela Guest

    Thanks. I had already removed the icon using Michael's suggestion
    before I read your post.

    John Varela, Dec 27, 2013