MIPS Introduces Aptiv Generation Cores

Discussion in 'Embedded' started by Bill Giovino, May 23, 2012.

  1. Bill Giovino

    Bill Giovino Guest

    Bill Giovino, May 23, 2012

  2. Bill Giovino

    mjsilva Guest

    I'm an ARM user and I hope MIPS does very well with these new cores. Healthy competition is good for us all.

    mjsilva, May 23, 2012

  3. Great, so where do I buy some ?

    If you claim they "compete with ARM nicely", there must be someone shipping them ?

    j.m.granville, May 24, 2012
  4. Bill Giovino

    David Brown Guest

    You buy them the same way you buy ARM cores - you contact the supplier,
    make your agreement for multiple millions of dollars, and get sent some
    VHDL files.

    If you want to buy ready-made chips with MIPS Aptiv on board, you'll
    have to wait a while. And even then, you might not be able to - many of
    MIPS' traditional customers sell devices only in huge MOQs.

    David Brown, May 24, 2012