Missing C-band on Marvel G400 TV tuner and display problems

Discussion in 'Matrox' started by Erich, Jan 30, 2006.

  1. Erich

    Erich Guest

    Hi,

    I installed the latest Matrox Powerdesk and video tools drivers
    (v.3.05) on my Marvel G400TV/Windows 2000 system for cable TV input
    only to find that QuickConnect does not make available the C-band,
    where the bulk of my local cable TV programmes are transmitted. It just
    provides an E-band and an S-band, so that the remote control interface
    refuses any additional C-xx entry as "invalid" and shows only a
    fraction of the programmes that I am receiving on my television set.
    The print manual and the Matrox technical support remain silent. Does
    anyone know if this is a hardware problem or if I need to replace the
    Marvel Bios (which I am reluctant to do)?

    Furthermore, when I reactivate the PC from the standby or sleep modes I
    get only a tiny video window instead of the psrevious full sceen
    display, which cannot be maximised unless the PC is re-booted. Is there
    any remedy?

    I still get an English interface, although I indicated a
    German-speaking country during the installation. Is there a way to I
    replace the English driver without de-installing and re-installing the
    whole software (a Windows registry entry etc.)?

    Lastly, which settings must be chosen for displaying signals from a
    video recorder? Antenna or cable TV input (QuickConnnect)? Coaxial
    (antenna) cable or SCART cable?

    Any reports on similar phenomena and suggestions are welcome.

    Erich, Jan 30, 2006