? missing hard drive space

Discussion in 'Apple' started by Chris Brown, Mar 4, 2004.

  1. Chris Brown

    Chris Brown Guest

    Hi All,

    this may be an old issue, but have not found any suitable references.

    30GB HD PBG3 running 10.3.3

    partitioned into 2x15GB

    the main partition is HD A (with OS); the Finder reports 12.15 used,
    lists only 1.86GB available, capacity 13.97
    yet OmniDiscSweeper, in an effort to ID and remove wasted space, reports
    only 5.1GB used for the root /
    Am I misunderstanding the root?
    have run fsck -f at startup, and MacJanitor, with little change.

    The second partition figures seem correct.

    Am I missing aproximately half my space or mis-interpreting? A pointer
    to relevant info would be appreciated

    Chris Brown
    Neurosurgery
    University of Adelaide