Mitac 8375 / Novatech NNB-061 laptop / notebook - can I force fan on all the time?

Discussion in 'Laptops' started by Jonathan, Jun 25, 2005.

  1. Jonathan

    Jonathan Guest

    Recently, my 30 month old Novatech branded Mitac 8375 laptop has started
    just turning itself off without warning.
    I thought it might have been heat at first, but then BIOS settings suggest
    that it should shut down, not just turn off without warning (as if the
    battery had totally died).
    As the whole gets incredibly hot anyway, I've always been on the lookout for
    something for force the fan on all the time, and have tried various things
    like speedfan, but nothing seems to like the Insyde BIOS. Here are the
    machine specs:
    http://tools.supportforyourpc.com/get_article.asp?aid=1261

    I've opened the whole thing up, checked for dust and loose connections, and
    run it on battery/mains+battery/mains only (battery out) and the same
    happens.
    Also checked power switch and tried with CDROM and

    Have run Memtestx86 and RAM checks out OK, so I don't think it's that
    either. So, does anyone know a way of forcing the fans on for this laptop?
    Thanks!

    Jonathan, Jun 25, 2005