Mitsubishi 19" FD1998 Diamond View Flat Screen Monitor

Discussion in 'Nvidia' started by Jerome Morrow, Jul 26, 2003.

  1. http://www.mmt.com.au/cgi-bin/prices/fetch-price/products/monitors/13mit-1998fd/13mit-1998fd.html

    Hi there,

    I'm thinking of getting a new monitor - I'm using a SONY trinitron 14inch -
    which I got in 1997 :) My system specs are PIII 850, Asus CUV4X PC133 AGP
    Pro/4X motherboard, 512MB RAM,
    Western Digital 40mb (8mb buffer) HD, and an ASUS Geforce4 Ti4800.

    Has anyone else used the Mitsubishi 19" FD1998 Diamond View Flat Screen
    Monitor ?

    I'm getting for US$200 or Australian $430. Seems a decent price. But never
    used a mitsubshi before.

    cheers,

    JM

    --
    __________________________________
    The Theory of Evolution is like this - you take a box of alphabets and shake

    Jerome Morrow, Jul 26, 2003

  2. Jerome Morrow

    BigJIm Guest

    take a look at the Samsung 171n or go to tomshardware.com and read the
    reviews

    BigJIm, Jul 26, 2003

  3. Jerome Morrow

    B Guest

    I believe you'll be fine as many CRT manufacturers use Mitsubishi tubes.

    regards

    B, Jul 26, 2003
  4. Jerome Morrow

    Jay Guest

    I have a Mitsubishi DiamondPro 900u bought in 1998. It was the first
    19" perfectly flat CRT (Mitsubishi DiamondTron tube). I still use it and
    it's an *amazing* monitor. Sonys and even other Mitsubishis don't
    compare.

    I don't know how the above monitor compares with it, check the monitor
    you listed with the specs on the 900u . If it uses the same tube and
    essentially same specs, it'll be a good monitor.

    Regards,
    John.

    Jay, Jul 28, 2003
  5. Thanks for the feedback. I'm trying to bargin down the monitor and see
    whether I can get it for US$140 or A$300. I'm looking forward to it. My old
    Sony is great but its too small.

    Jerome Morrow, Jul 28, 2003