    PC2700 has CL=2.5. Which is faster?

    4. Will the 848P-A run with ECC RAM (not take advantage of it - but
    just run without problems)?

    Les Caudle, Jul 17, 2004

  2. Les Caudle () wrote:
    : 1. Is it possible to mix PC2700 and PC3200 on an ECS 848P-A
    : motherboard?

    You should be able to, though there are of course no guarantees. You are
    not gonna blow anything up if you try though.

    : 2. Does this just run at the lowest speed?

    Not necessaily. A lot of PC 2700 sticks have been known to OC to PC3200.
    I would expect the slowest though, but you might get lucky.

    : 3. I see on the crucial site that the PC3200 RAM has CL=3 while the
    : PC2700 has CL=2.5. Which is faster?

    2.5 acesses faster. but I would say the PC3200 would be faster even at
    CL-3 because of the closck speed.

    : 4. Will the 848P-A run with ECC RAM (not take advantage of it - but
    : just run without problems)?

    That I would not know. Would not hurt to find out though.

    Brian Campbell, Jul 17, 2004