mixing C++ and assembler modules with the MSP430

Discussion in 'Embedded' started by el_777, Aug 15, 2005.

  1. el_777

    el_777 Guest

    Hi everybody.

    My problem is when i try to mixing C++ and assembler modules. I ca
    mixing
    C and assembler modules thank to the document "Mixing C and Assemble
    with
    the MSP430" but this only work for C.

    I am working with the IDE IAR Embedded Workbench for MSP430, but in this
    environment the option "list" "generate a output file assembler source
    is
    disable, however i can't generate a skeleton file to use with my C+
    code.

    I read the compiler referent manual for C/C++ ( is part of th
    environment
    IAR documentation) but this document realy not help me.

    I have the hope that somebody of this group can help me with the name o
    document, a link, source code (only if is of free distribution or the
    author of the code made the post). Anything that can help me.

    PD: Thank you very much and sorry for my bad spelling, but the english is
    not my mother tongue. I try to do my best. :)

    Atte: Ing. Rodolfo Gonzalez Bernaldez

    el_777, Aug 15, 2005

  2. You are probably seeing the names being mangled by C++ compiler. Try to
    surround your declarations of assembly functions with

    extern "C"
    {
    }

    Vadim

    Vadim Borshchev, Aug 15, 2005

  3. el_777

    el_777 Guest

    Hi Vadim, thanks for the tip, this really works but come up severa
    sorprice in the behaviour of the program. I presumme i have to made som
    tricks if i want to work with C++ and asm.

    Thank you vary much.

    Atte. Ing Rodolfo Gonzalez Bernaldez

    el_777, Aug 22, 2005