    options to switch between the onboard on AGP. No beeps, no monitor clicks
    changing freq, nothing

    Any suggestions anyone, or have I got a duffer?

    Nightdrive, Jul 7, 2003

  2. Nightdrive

    c Guest

    There is a BIOs setting to enable the AGP slot. I believe it is under the
    integrated peripherals menu or maybe the advanced chipset features.. It
    should be something like "first init display" and the options should be
    onboard or agp slot. It is there, I'm just not exactly sure where.

    Chris

    c, Jul 8, 2003

  3. Nightdrive

    Nightdrive Guest

    There is such a setting, but the options are:
    1) Onboard/AGP
    2) PCI
    I have it set on 1) which seems logical - though I'll try the other, nothing
    to lose

    Nightdrive, Jul 8, 2003
  4. Nightdrive

    Nightdrive Guest

    Nope, as I thought, the PCI option doesn't work either

    Nightdrive, Jul 8, 2003
  5. Nightdrive

    c Guest

    Ok, the onboard/agp setting is what you want, like you said. This is a
    longshot, but make absolutely sure that the video card seats itself properly
    in the slot. Some cases cause the video card to cock slightly in the slot
    when you tighten the screw down. I have seen this on more than one occasion.
    It's definitely a strange problem you have going there. If it still doesn't
    work, I would try flashing to the latest bios and see if that changes
    anything. I didn't see any fixes listed for a similar problem, but you never
    know. If that doesn't work, I would contact AOpen because you probably have
    a board with a faulty AGP slot.

    Chris

    c, Jul 8, 2003
  6. Nightdrive

    Nightdrive Guest

    Thanks for the input. Did all that already. Sorry, should've mentioned it in
    original post.
    Getting an advance replacement board tomorrow. I'll repost with the results.
    Thanks for the info. At least I know I wasn't going mad!

    Greg

    Nightdrive, Jul 8, 2003
  7. Nightdrive

    Budi Widjojo Guest

    Sorry for a little bit out of topic.

    I just wanted to know where you bought your motherboard from ? I've
    searching at newegg, and directron, but can't find this particular
    model.

    TIA

    Budi

    Budi Widjojo, Aug 5, 2003
  8. Nightdrive

    Nightdrive Guest

    Sorry for the late reply, PC been offline whilst doing some DIY!
    Get it from CMS Computers, Liverpool. Listed in Aopen's official channel.
    Trade only i'm afraid. I opened an account years ago when I did sell/repair
    PC's, and they're still happy to deal with my one order every three months.
    I seem to remember Dabs have just started doing Aopen. Not bad prices
    either.

    Nightdrive, Aug 15, 2003