    It used to be I only had this problem when I had selected
    "high-quality video" but now it makes no difference.

    Nothing I have tried has fixed it. PLEASE HELP!!!

    Greg Ennis, Nov 9, 2004

  2. Greg Ennis

    Jim Guest

    Hi Greg;

    You may have already done this test, but if you go to CONTROL PANEL
    and you should find an icon ATI MULTIMEDIA CENTER, open it and in mine
    there is a SYSTEM COMPATIBILITY TEST. You run that and it will test
    your sound card (ATI is too cheap to implement their own sound
    capture, they use your computer's sound card) for clock frequency. If
    it's over 0.2% off you should get a report saying it's off frequency,
    and even 0.2% will cause sync problems . I fought that problem for
    some time and then had to go buy another sound card and disable the
    onboard audio.

    However, if it did work at one time OK, did you try shutting off all
    background tasks (anti virus and all the other stuff running in the
    background)?

    I fought the synch problem for months and ended up purchasing an
    Osprey 200 capture card which locks the audio to the video. DV will
    do same thing. My new motherboard onboard audio tests OK with ATI
    MMC, so can do long captures without sync problems.

    The System Compatibility Check generates a log of the test.

    Jim, Nov 10, 2004