    Is there a contradiction between page-fault handling (a case where not
    all the code is resident in RAM/ROM) and RTOS?

    I would really appritiate any help on this.

    MajorSoul, Jun 9, 2006

  2. The obvious "contradiction" is the possible insertion of an indefinite
    time delay at the point the page fault needs to be handled.
    Many systems will allow you to lock certain pages in memory, to avoid
    that from happening.

    Roberto Waltman, Jun 9, 2006

  3. MajorSoul

    MajorSoul Guest

    Ok, I understand what you are saying.
    What do u mean certain memory ? Dont you mean all memory? if certain
    amount of memory will not reside in RAM will still have this
    contradiction you mentioned, no ?

    MajorSoul, Jun 9, 2006
  4. MajorSoul

    CBFalconer Guest

    I don't have any help for you, but want to correct your
    misapprehension. This is not a forum. It is the usenet news
    system, and google is only a rather poor interface to that system.
    Please read the following links.

    --
    Some informative links:
    http://www.geocities.com/nnqweb/

    CBFalconer, Jun 10, 2006
  5. MajorSoul

    Thad Smith Guest

    Please quote the relevant portion of the message that you are replying
    to. The above context was restored. Newsgroup etiquette is to avoid
    IM-style abbreviations -- use proper spelling, capitalization, sentence
    structure, and punctuation.

    Roberto said "certain pages", not "certain memory". He meant that
    time-critical portions of code would not be overwritten by the MMU, so
    that it could be executed without the delay of of swapping it into
    memory. "Certain pages" meant the the selected memory pages that
    contains the time-critical code. Locking these into memory means not
    allowing them to be overwritten.

    Thad Smith, Jun 10, 2006