    my life insurance company will take a nasty hit.

    Looking forward to and will appreciate any advise,

    Al

    beesmakehoney, Aug 5, 2003

  2. beesmakehoney

    Joe Davis Guest

    Dell makes docking stations for both their Latitude C and Latitude D series
    that accept PCI cards. Their port replicators don't accept PCI cards--you
    need the full docking station--costs about $300. Note that you have to get
    a Dell Latitude and not Inspiron.

    As far as the tablet's go, they're a little underpowered and overpriced
    relative to laptops, plus, I bet you'd end up carrying more stuff--external
    CD, external keyboard, etc. than a lightweight laptop.

    Joe Davis, Aug 5, 2003

  3. Well you put me on the right track! Thank you.
    I have an old Thinkpad 600e and a quick search on Ebay displayed many of the
    IBM SelectaDock III units at a very low price. This will work as a quick
    fix as long as the 600e holds out.

    Al

    beesmakehoney, Aug 5, 2003
  4. Look for "Portable" PCs. Not laptops or mobiles. There are quite a
    few companies out there (but the pain meds I'm takin for my back are
    keeping the names from popping into my brain).

    I know industrial construction companies use them. They are more
    durable and a bit more costly but I've seen active units fall 20 feet
    onto solid concrete and not even hickup.

    Stromm Sarnac, Aug 5, 2003