    --
    remove bye and from mercial to get valid e-mail
    <http://www.heusser.com>

    Marc Heusser, Jan 16, 2009

  2. Marc Heusser

    Marc Heusser Guest

    In article <>,
    "Steve W. Jackson" <> wrote:

    > In article <>,
    > Marc Heusser <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > > I intend to test mobileMe for its tools to access data via on the web,
    > > which could be useful to me sometimes.
    > > If I later decide to upgrade the trial account to a family account -
    > > will the trial account automatically become the main account or can I
    > > choose it to be one of the "smaller" accounts?
    > > If it has to be the main account, then I'd rather create a "temporary"
    > > account that I will not use anymore later on (probably using another
    > > "disposable" e-mail address).
    > >
    > > TIA
    > >
    > > Marc

    > It's not clear what you mean by "accounts" in this case, as a trial
    > MobileMe account is just that -- an account.

    That is what I meant - the member name I provide for me.com.

    > If you've got multiple
    > email addresses, you likely either have multiple trial accounts or
    > you've perhaps added aliases to one account.

    I guess I cannot get multiple trial accounts for one e-mail address.
    Fortunately I can provide multiple e-mail addresses.

    > In any case, all you need to do is log in using the account you want to
    > be the primary and either purchase direct from Apple while online or
    > (cheaper, in my experience) you can purchase a MobileMe retail package
    > elsewhere, like Amazon.com, and use the activation code it provides.

    Unfortunately I live in Switzerland in the center of Europe, and
    amazon.com ships that only to US addresses. I wil pay about double the
    amazon.com price over here :-(
    I guess there is not too much to get around that if amazon does not ship
    to addresses outside of the US.

    > When activating, you'll have to provide the member name and password.
    > Then you can log into that account and proceed to add the other
    > "accounts" (if they really are *not* email aliases) as family pack
    > subaccounts.

    I see, the member name I use for activating the retail
    package/activation code becomes the primary account.

    Marc

    Marc Heusser, Jan 16, 2009