    board that I just noticed? Did it used to be green? Any help would be
    appreciated.
    Tks, P.

    p, Feb 27, 2004

  2. p

    RonK Guest

    It's probably the cpu cooked. Where did you put the sensor ? Not between the
    cpu and heatsink I hope?

    RonK, Feb 27, 2004

  3. p

    p Guest

    Yes, that's where I put the sensor. Wrong? The reason I think it may be the
    mobo is that I see my optical mouse doesn't power up at all. Perhaps I am
    wrong?

    p, Feb 27, 2004
  4. Wrong??? Yep. You've fried your CPU. The thermistor (sensor) should never
    be sandwiched between the CPU die and the heatsink contact area. It should
    have been attached (taped) beside the CPU die heatsink contact area. What
    you've essentially did was create a large air gap between the CPU die and
    heatsink preventing the heatsink from doing its job. It is equivalent to
    powering up without a heatsink.

    The optical mouse does not light up immediately upon powering on the
    motherboard, it will light up a couple of seconds into the POST and then go
    off again and will then light up after the OS has loaded the device driver
    for it. Because your CPU is dead it never reaches the point in the POST to
    cause your optical mouse to light up.

    Homer J. Simpson, Feb 27, 2004
  5. p

    Dimitris Guest

    It might be the PSU. I recently had a similar case, fans worked,leds
    in front panel were on,but no bios screen. Change the PSU and all is
    well.

    Dimitris, Feb 27, 2004