    as the OS disk, only for additional storage). Is there any way I can
    get the data off the raid drives? I'd preferably like to hook them to
    my second computer, but am open to any suggestions to retrieve my data!

    Tookeey, Nov 28, 2005

  2. Tookeey

    John Russell Guest

    Raid controllers do not use a universal format which allows disks to moved
    between different makes of controller. Your safest bet is to use a
    motherboard with exactly the same Raid Controller.

    John Russell, Nov 28, 2005

  3. Commiserations. Was it a good funeral?
    Were they connected to the Intel (SATA1 & 2) controller, or the Silicon
    Image (SATA3/4/5/6) controller?
    I'm sure you would. You need to find another controller the same as the one
    you were using on the old board. Thus, if you were using the Intel
    controller on your old board, you should be able to connect the drives to
    the ICH5R on your Asus, which should recognise the array and allow you to
    remove the info.

    If however you were using the SiI controller on the IC7, you need to find
    another SiI controller in order to recognise the existing array. Now, the
    IC7 Max3 has an SiI3114 controller - I'm not sure whether you will need
    another one of these, or whether a 3112, or indeed one of the company's
    other products will suffice. I daresay you might find the answer in the
    support section of Silicon Image's website.
    --

    Richard Hopkins
    Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom

    but am open to any suggestions to retrieve my data!

    Richard Hopkins, Nov 29, 2005