    AGP8X video card. Can I install it on this MOBO and if so, does that mean I
    can only run at 4X, even though the vid card is rated 8X?
    Seems like a waste of money on this vid card if so. Any thoughts?

    WrAvEn, Aug 26, 2004

  2. WrAvEn

    Augustus Guest

    There's no speed difference running at 4X vs 8X.

    Augustus, Aug 26, 2004

  3. WrAvEn

    WrAvEn Guest

    Thanx - that make me feel better. I was thinking maybe I chose the wrong
    video card for my MOBO, but I guess, because you say there's no diff running
    at 4X vs 8X I should be okay. Thanx again for the quick response Augustus,
    I'm off to the workbench.

    WrAvEn, Aug 26, 2004
  4. WrAvEn

    Augustus Guest

    When I first installed my 9800 Pro 128Mb in my Soltek NForce2 board, it was
    stuck in AGP4X mode no matter what I did. Stayed that way until recently
    when I upgraded to a 120Gig HDD and decided to do a clean install.
    Benchmarks before and after were literally identical with the same Catalyst
    versions.

    Augustus, Aug 26, 2004
  5. WrAvEn

    WrAvEn Guest

    Thanx again Augustus for the updated info. Tonight we are installing the vid
    card and will see what happens. (Crossed fingers) ...will run a benchmark
    also after all is functioning and will come back here to let you know what
    happens. Now going to purchase round cables and a 80gig Maxtor for the new
    puppy.

    WrAvEn, Aug 26, 2004