    would you guys recommend?

    Thanks,
    Rob

    Rob, Nov 7, 2003

  2. Rob

    Rich Teer Guest

    On Fri, 7 Nov 2003, Rob wrote:

    > We have a software vendor telling us we need something equivalent (or
    > better) than a e450 in terms of IO. Their software isn't very CPU
    > intensive, but does tons of IO.
    >
    > I was leaning toward a v240 or v4x0 .. if I'm looking for max IO what
    > would you guys recommend?

    If it's number of I/O busses you;re after, I guess the V880
    is the most comperable machine.

    --
    Rich Teer, SCNA, SCSA

    President,
    Rite Online Inc.

    Voice: +1 (250) 979-1638

    Rich Teer, Nov 7, 2003

  3. Rob

    Rob Guest

    Rich Teer wrote:

    > If it's number of I/O busses you;re after, I guess the V880
    > is the most comperable machine.

    I think it's more io throughput. I would think the newer matching might
    have same/less buses but faster?

    Thanks,
    Rob

    Rob, Nov 7, 2003