Monitor comes out of standyby only after a reboot. AKW?

Discussion in 'Asus' started by JK, Mar 28, 2006.

  1. JK

    JK Guest

    Anyone Know Why? I turn my PC off every night. I live in a windy area
    with a lot of dead trees hanging over the power lines.

    MB KA7 (or similar) AMD Duron.
    Monitor is 5 yrs old 14" Samsung.

    A brown out took out the power supply in Jan.
    Replaced it with a 300w 24 pin supply w/ a 20-pin adapter.
    The slot for the SVGA card died around that time. (Card is ok but is
    NFG in this machine, causes 8 beep tones at boot up, no pic)
    I pulled a video card from a P1 win98 machine, which uses a normal
    slot. That works, butt.....

    Now when I boot up the system, the monitor stays in standby mode. There
    is no restart function anymore, so I have no recourse but to power down
    at the surge protector power strip. I do this before Windows can load.
    I wait a few secs then turn the system on and then the monitor wakes up
    and i can load Windows XP. Switching slots on the board to change IRQ
    did nothing.

    JK

    JK, Mar 28, 2006