    Is this the standard these days? I used to have a ViewSonic 13"
    monitor with an old Compaq and Martox video card and never had an
    issue with blurred fonts.

    baker1, Nov 23, 2005

  2. baker1

    Notan Guest

    Try:

    Right-click the Desktop.

    Properties | Appearance | Effects... |

    Use the following method to smooth edges of screen fonts:

    Select "Standard" from the drop-down menu.

    Click "OK" however many times.

    Notan

    Notan, Nov 23, 2005

  3. baker1

    baker1 Guest

    Yeah, Microsoft brought me through that one, with no avail. Thanks
    though.

    baker1, Nov 23, 2005
  4. baker1

    Jay B Guest

    try 1280 x 1024 isntead.

    also try each other setting until you see clarity.
    they are different.
    you want to pick one that has a natural look to it. i use 1280x1024
    mostly everywhere.

    Jay B, Nov 23, 2005
  5. baker1

    S.Lewis Guest

    Try downloading and installing Clear Type from microsoft if you haven't
    already. Maybe that will improve it.

    Stew

    S.Lewis, Nov 23, 2005
  6. baker1

    hdrdtd Guest

    The main thing to remember with LCD screens is, they are designed to run
    optimally at a specific resoloution.

    they can display other resolutions, but the quality of the image displayed
    will usually suffer.

    The resolution LCD screens are made to run at generally seems to be...
    (check your own specs to be sure)

    17" LCD screens, 1024x768
    19" LCD screens 1280x1024
    20" LCD screens 1600x1200

    Check the specs for your screen, make sure to set the display settings to
    match your specs in both resolution and refresh rate (usuall 60Hz for LCD
    screens), and then see what it looks like.

    at the proper settings, no matter if you're using Clear Type or not, all the
    letters should be equally sharp.

    hdrdtd, Nov 23, 2005
  7. baker1

    Markeau Guest

    Did you ever get this fixed? I saw the same thing with my old Samsung
    170mp LCD, but I could fix it either by selecting its auto-sync button
    or by going into its menu and manually fine-tune the video sync.

    Markeau, Dec 11, 2005