    about right. After installing the drivers, the screen is way too
    bright. So I know it is not a monitor issue.

    Has anyone else run into this before? Any suggestions?

    Cartoper, Feb 20, 2009

  2. Cartoper

    Booty Bandit Guest

    In the Catalyst Control Center go to Color tab and click on the "Reactivate
    Ati color control" button. This should help.

    Booty Bandit, Feb 20, 2009

  3. Cartoper

    Cartoper Guest

    Perfect, thank you!

    Cartoper, Feb 20, 2009
  4. Cartoper

    Booty Bandit Guest

    Perfect, thank you!

    You're welcome!

    Booty Bandit, Feb 20, 2009
  5. Cartoper

    Cartoper Guest

    Actually I spoke too soon. After I clicked the <Reactivate ATI color
    controls>, the button was disabled. Next I profiled the monitor with
    x-rite eye-one display 2. Then I saw that the <Reactivate ATI color
    controls> was enabled again, so I clicked on it and the monitor went
    from looking good to way too bright again. I am also seeing a LOT of
    ghosting on my CRT, I have the NEC MultiSync FP2141SB. This evening I
    discovered that I did not have the latest ATI Drivers, so I upgraded
    those to:

    Driver Packaging Version 8.582-090203a-075977C-ATI
    Catalystâ„¢ Version 09.2
    Provider ATI Technologies Inc.
    2D Driver Version 7.01.01.871
    2D Driver File Path /REGISTRY/MACHINE/SYSTEM/ControlSet001/Control/
    CLASS/{4D36E968-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}/0000
    Direct3D Version 7.14.10.0643
    OpenGL Version 6.14.10.8494
    Catalystâ„¢ Control Center Version 2009.0203.2228.40314

    Cartoper, Feb 21, 2009
  6. Cartoper

    Bazzer Smith Guest

    Sunglasses?

    Bazzer Smith, Mar 23, 2009
  7. Cartoper

    pokey man Guest

    my monitors' so bright i gotta wear shades... LOL

    Pokeyman

    pokey man, Mar 25, 2009
  8. Cartoper

    Mike Ray Guest

    Check CCC (ATI's software) and see if you can adjust brightness. I know
    you can for 3D, you should be able to adjust desktop also.

    Mike Ray, Mar 25, 2009