Monitor won't go into sleep mode with Ti4200 or MX440 card

Discussion in 'Nvidia' started by Bill, Jul 4, 2004.

  1. Bill

    Bill Guest

    This has been a long running problem with my MSI Ti4200 64MB 4X AGP
    won't put monitor into sleep mode. it'll only blank the screen out
    when sleep time is up, and monitor's remain in full power mode.

    I'm using it on Asus A7N8X-X motherboard. Before this card I bought a
    brand new MSI GForce 4 MX440 8X AGP card and it was the same
    situation.

    My monitor will go into sleep mode just fine with my other computer's
    on-board video card, so it's not the monitor. I tried various
    nvidia/MSI drivers version and didn't seem to help at all.

    What else should I look for to solve this mystery? or is this a common
    problem with MSI cards?

    Can someone please help!

    Thanks

    Bill, Jul 4, 2004

  2. Bill

    CapFusion Guest

    What setting in "Energy saving features of monitor" from Display Properties
    in Screen Saver?
    Under Power - Power Schemes, what setting is it on under "Turn off monitor"?

    CapFusion,...

    CapFusion, Jul 7, 2004

  3. Bill

    Bill Guest

    It's set to turn off monitor after 30 minutes. I've tried setting it
    at 1 minute and play with different setting hopeing that it'll turn
    the monitor to power saving mode. but it doesn't.
    Bill

    Bill, Jul 11, 2004
  4. Bill

    CapFusion Guest

    I do not know the answer to your problem at this point. If the card do not
    turn off, I would guess it hardware problem with the card. I have not run
    into this problem yet so I have no idea how to resolve from guess on your
    case. Again, I assumed it just the card. You can varified using another card
    to see if it goto sleep mode or not.

    CapFusion,...

    CapFusion, Jul 13, 2004