    SATA1, but I would like to avoid it if possible. SATA1 is there for a
    reason, I should be able to use it. However, I am at my witt's end at
    diagnosing this problem.

    Anthony J. Bertorelli, Aug 19, 2004

  2. Anthony J. Bertorelli

    Tim S. Guest

    First off are you useing WinXP?
    Note: Only Windows XP can use "Enhance Mode" (SATA1, SATA2,

    IDE1 and IDE2 at the same time.)

    Second,

    Install ICH5R driver.

    Tim.

    Tim S., Aug 19, 2004

  3. Anthony J. Bertorelli

    Jim B. Guest

    (Anthony J. Bertorelli) wrote in message
    If your using WinXP did you install the ICH5R driver during the
    intallation as required?

    Jim B., Aug 19, 2004
  4. Anthony J. Bertorelli

    David Wang Guest

    It seems to me that the Maxtor 300GB SATA hard disk is having a
    compatibility issue with the onboard SATA1 port. You might have to update
    the system board BIOS to the latest version.

    David Wang, Aug 20, 2004
  5. Yes, I am using WinXP. Or, at least I was attempting to install WinXP. I
    know that you are supposed to hit F6 to install a third party driver, but I
    never make it this far.
    Accoriding to the instruction manual, SATA1 and SATA2 can be configured as
    "normal IDE function" or "RAID 0 function (stripping)." In the BIOS, I have
    SATA1 and SATA2 set as "IDE." The manual says that no driver installation
    is required for that setting. Even if I had is set on RAID, I still could
    not get past the "detecting IDE devices" portion of bootup.

    Anthony J. Bertorelli, Aug 20, 2004
  6. I did update the BIOS. I have solved this problem by using SATA3. I have
    to install the ALi M5281 drivers. This is a little disappointing. However,
    I'd gladly take the small disappointment over the non-functionality of my PC
    any day.

    Anthony J. Bertorelli, Aug 20, 2004