    two separate applications at full screen has an advantage over having to
    resize windows to fit in a larger 24" workspace. Is that correct? Do others
    agree?

    Al Franz, Jun 3, 2006

  2. Al Franz

    Jorgen Grahn Guest

    It depends on what kind of work you do, of course!

    IMHO, if people haven't used a window manager with support for virtual
    screens (or "multiple desktops" etc; there's no standard terminology), then
    they should try that first.

    Briefly, you can have software make it appear as if you have many screens,
    and a keyboard shortcut to switch between them in milliseconds. That's
    enough for many kinds of work.

    One such software for Windows is "qvirtualdesktop". It's available for free.

    (If you already know about such software, you can ignore this message. It's
    just that I've seen organizations purchase double TFT monitors, when the
    software solution would have been perfectly adequate ...)

    /Jorgen

    Jorgen Grahn, Jun 3, 2006