    speaker separation, so that when Miss Toni Fisher sings "The Big
    Hurt," I can HEAR that neat speaker A to speaker B slide.)

    THANK you, people. //Christopher

    casteele95thbgheavy, Dec 27, 2005

  2. casteele95thbgheavy

    Kevin Guest

    Assuming you have the volume slider at 100% there isn't much you can do to
    increase the volume of the incredibly tiny speakers. As for stereo
    separation, forget about it. You might have better performance if you used
    headphones, but I doubt it. Powered speakers could help, if you have the
    audio out jacks on the laptop required to use them.

    Kevin, Dec 27, 2005

  3. casteele95thbgheavy

    Cool_X Guest

    No, I feel that there will be a dramatic improvement when using a good set of headphones or
    powered speakers, as well as an external sound card like the Creative Sound Blaster Extigy USB
    or PC Card. That's what I feel Christopher needs.

    If using headphones, an external volume dial on the cord is a great thing, and if you're really
    into audio, then noise cancellation headphones like the Bose QuietComfort2 are nice.

    And all powered speakers will work just fine with almost any laptop that has a headphone-out
    port (all I've ever seen do) or line-out port, you just may need a 3.5 mm (1/8th inch)
    headphone jack adaptor to 2 white and red RCA stereo connectors.

    Probably not the one Christopher has, but some higher-end laptops (or the Creative sound cards)
    have built in black RCA digital audio output jacks, called S/PDIF (Sony/Phillips Digital
    Interconnectional Format). It's the same Dolby Digital/DTS signal that other surround-sound
    devices use, but a more expensive adapter may be needed to convert it into an optical Toslink
    connection.

    Hope this helps.

    Cool_X

    Cool_X, Dec 28, 2005
  4. casteele95thbgheavy

    Kenneth Wolf Guest

    I have a Sotec 3120X that has the same problem. One solution is to go into
    control panel, sounds & audio devices and look for a place that mentions 3D
    sound and check it. This will boost your volume somewhat out of the really
    lousy speakers in this laptop. Then get a good pair of headphones if you
    want to listen to anything seriously. I have used Grado SR60s with this
    laptop with decent sound from CDs.

    Kenneth Wolf, Dec 30, 2005
  5. casteele95thbgheavy

    Ken Wolf Guest

    Christopher;
    To amplify (sorry) on my last post; I am now on my Sotec 3120X and what you
    can do is go to the control panel, sounds & audio devices, volume, volume
    device,click on advanced, in the volume control click on options,advanced
    controls,then properties and put a check in the 3d depth. When that is
    activated, you will see an advanced button at the bottom of the 3D Depth
    box. Click on that button to open the window and make sure the "3D Enable"
    box is ticked. Then close everything and try some sounds. I don't remember
    if you have to reboot, so try it both ways. You should have more volume out
    of the laptop speakers now.

    Ken Wolf, Dec 30, 2005