    For HDs, do most recommend sticking with EIDE or is SATA the way to go now?

    Thanks.

    -gil

    Gilbert, Jul 29, 2005

  2. ASUS P2B-Series, P3B-F, CuBX (Allround, Fast, Modern)

    ASUS P4B (New, Many, Hot)

    ASUS A7V133 (KT133A) (Cheap, Fast)

    Best Regards,

    Daniel Mandic

    Daniel Mandic, Jul 29, 2005

  3. Gilbert

    DaveW Guest

    1) Asus is the largest seller of motherboards in the world.
    2) The P4C800E-Deluxe is probably their best selling/ most stable
    motherboard for use with Prescott CPU's.
    3) SATA harddrives are a better bet than the older EIDE.

    DaveW, Jul 30, 2005
  4. Gilbert

    Flasherly Guest

    PATA / SATA. Non-10K, 160-200G bottom end. SATA for a couple bucks
    more, some (marginal) performce gain. PATA took over after MFM/RLL. I
    think when somebody sets a fire under SATA it'll definately take over.

    Flasherly, Jul 31, 2005