most SB Live drivers restart my Windows XP

Discussion in 'Soundblaster Live' started by stargatenow, Jun 27, 2003.

  1. stargatenow

    stargatenow Guest

    My system is:

    Athlon XP 1700+
    Abit KT7A-RAID MB (Via KT133A chipset)
    640 MB RAM
    SB Live 5.1
    Geforce4 TI4200
    win XP pro

    If I install any of the SB Live drivers dated early 2002 or later the
    system restarts by itself, usually when I try to play some sound from
    the rear speakers. If I use drivers that came on the CD or the first
    XP drivers (september 2001) it works but some games are slow
    (Battlefield 1942).
    Note that I have turned off automatic restarting of the Windows XP.
    Tried all Via patches, latency patches...
    What can be the problem?

    stargatenow, Jun 27, 2003