    seem to kick in with the beep and then the computer boots up. Any
    ideas? Could it be a cmos battery? Are they easy to change? Celeron
    1.3

    Elliot, Mar 1, 2004

  2. Elliot

    jamotto Guest

    Is this a problem that just started? Or has the computer been
    crashing alot before hand? Have you installed any new devices? How
    old is the computers bios, motherboard, etc. Any other info and
    history of the problem that you can give would help.

    From the information given It could be anything from a failing power
    supply to too much dust in the case to a bad on/off switch.

    jamotto, Mar 2, 2004

  3. Elliot

    Neb Guest

    Hi,
    Check if you installed any hardware before this started to happen.
    Also, some times, when video card starts failing it just doesn't let
    the pc start...Yes, everything is on but no "beep" no screen etc...If
    I were you I would replace the video card with any other you have and
    try it. Also, I would fizicaly take out the RAM and put them back
    (while in OFF state)...
    Hope it helps.
    Regards,
    Neb