mother board issue?

Discussion in 'Biostar' started by jace725, Feb 7, 2012.

1. jace725

jace725

I have a bio star a785g3 i am using a 500w powersupply a amd phenom II 3.0 quad core, and a nvidea 420 1gb video card, i get all the fans and the hard drive to power up but i get no video on the monitor. I have tried with the graphics card removed and i still get no video. the board is new. what can be causing the no video issue?

jace725, Feb 7, 2012
  2. jace725

williamtyree959

If your Biostar A785G3 motherboard is powering up but not displaying video, even with the graphics card removed, there are several potential issues to consider:

1. Check Power Connections:
      • Ensure that all power connectors are securely attached, including the 24-pin ATX power connector and the 4/8-pin CPU power connector.
    2. Monitor and Cables:
      • Verify that the monitor is working properly and that all cables are securely connected. Try using a different cable or monitor if possible.
    3. Graphics Card and RAM:
      • Graphics Card: Make sure the graphics card is properly seated in the PCIe slot. Also, try reseating it or testing with a different known-working graphics card if available.
      • RAM: Remove and reseat the RAM modules. Ensure they are properly inserted. Try booting with one stick of RAM if you have more than one.
    4. BIOS Reset:
      • Perform a BIOS reset by removing the CMOS battery for a few minutes or using the clear CMOS jumper on the motherboard. This can help reset any incorrect BIOS settings.
    5. Check for Beep Codes:
      • Listen for any beep codes from the motherboard. Beep codes can indicate hardware issues or misconfigurations.
    6. CPU Installation:
      • Ensure the CPU is properly seated and that the CPU cooler is correctly attached. Verify that the CPU does not have any bent pins if it's an older socket type.
    7. Motherboard and Components:
      • Motherboard Short: Make sure there are no shorts between the motherboard and the case. Ensure that all standoffs are properly placed and that there are no extra screws or metal pieces touching the back of the motherboard.
      • Component Testing: Try testing with minimal components (CPU, one stick of RAM, and power supply) to rule out other hardware issues.
    8. Power Supply:
      • PSU Check: Although your 500W power supply should be sufficient, ensure it is functioning properly and providing the correct voltages.
    If none of these steps resolve the issue, it could be a sign of a faulty motherboard or another hardware component. Consider contacting Biostar support for further assistance or troubleshooting.

williamtyree959, Sep 11, 2024
Ask a Question